Sunday, 21 July 2013

Malaga, Spain!


 
The French Memorial in Malaga

Hi! So I have spent Thursday to Monday in Malaga! It's so lovely here, always sunny and about 30 degrees! It has been really relaxing as all we do is walk around the city, swim and read at the beach then eat out or cook dinner and have some Tinto de Verano (the regions version of sangria). 

We are staying in the Oasis Hostal in the middle of the town and its pretty good. In a mixed dorm of 8 people and we have met so many as most haven't stayed as long as us. We did a free walking tour one day and it was great. Went to the markets and a local wine tasting place, as well as the usual churches and fountains etc. We also did a pub crawl but only stayed a few hours and wen to bed reasonably earlier as Kim only flew down that day and was exhausted - but that was more than ok with me.

Most mornings I wake up an hour or so earlier than the girls so I get up and walk around the city and grab a coffee. It's a more comfortable 20 something degrees at that hour so I enjoy it. Also I often stroll and find local food to try as we cook dinner most nights and I want to enjoy local produce and specialties. 

We went to the Picasso and Dennis Hooper museum and it was amazing! I really loved Hooper's photography and Picasso did some strange but cool paintings.  We walked up a hill for about 20mins to see the castle but it was closed haha - but at least we got a great view! The town is quite touristy but not a lot of shops, just heaps of cafes, bars, restaurants. It's all really cheap which is great! Going to Marbella for 2 nights tomorrow and then onto Gibraltar! 

The girls are lovely and everything is good :)








No comments:

Post a Comment